My vision for the City of Milton is exactly as Milton’s citizens have defined it on the City’s website – “Milton is a distinctive community embracing small-town life and heritage while preserving and enhancing our rural character.”
We must protect and preserve Milton as a financially stable place that is defined by open green space, a quality of life that is second to none and a National standard for Parks. Specifically, I define this vision as:
- A community that is widely recognized as different than all others because we have protected and preserved it. This translates into superior quality of life and increased property values.
- A continued strong financial position to fund critical services including Parks & Recreation, our trail and bike system, transportation improvements, and public safety. In fact, the current surplus more than funds the in-phase plans to sustain our growth for years to come.
- A transportation plan that mitigates traffic including methods to route vehicles around the periphery of our community.
- A sustainable business community supported by its residents because we have drawn the right businesses for our citizens with well designed space in appropriate areas and densities.
- A community with an equestrian and agricultural theme that promotes these elements for the long term.
- A city recognized for its outstanding Parks & Recreation with both active and passive parkland serving all of Milton’s citizens with dedicated green space, sports fields for soccer, football, baseball, softball, lacrosse, equestrian facilities, and walking, bike and horse trail systems.
- An environmentally sensitive community that truly “grows green”.